Saturday, January 7, 2012

& it goes on.....

So today went fairly well.  Took my daughter to sell Girl Scout cookies and got to talk with a great person. Its nice to know that their are other people out there that are struggling like I am. I know this sounds odd, but I'm beginning to think I'm a bit odd.  I may be big but I really like the gym.  I always have.  I know I'm scared to go because I worry about what everyone is going to think of me when I go.  I guess that is the hardest part of me going. 

I remember when I first joined our Community Center and I started the wellness key (its this neat gadget that you put into the machines at the gym and it tracks what you have done, how much weight you have lifted, the calories you have burnt, and the distance you have gone).  The trainer that did my stuff was astounded by how much I could actually do.  She said I was "fit".  I was totally in shock.  I was in better shape than I am now but it still makes me smile.  Two years ago, I actually made the top ten list on most weight lifted two months in a row for women.  I got to thinking about it, and I think that is going to be another goal of mine.

Today was weights at the gym.  I actually lifted 23,876 pounds total.  I was proud of myself.  I'm getting back up there.  Yeah, my muscles are a bit tired and I think I'm going to see if they will split my weights up again, so I'm doing cardio and weights everyday.  Just switiching my upper body and lower body routines, plus whatever cardio I decide to do that day. 


I think I am going to try to do the Zumba Gold tomorrow with the trainer I know.  I'm nervous about that.  I just love that it is a high calorie burn and fairly low intensity.  I can modify it fit me exspecially with my knee.  Its doing better than what I expected it to do. 

I notice that I'm getting around better.  My knee is sore, but I'm able to get up quicker, move faster, and not groan as I try and tie my tennis shoes.  Crazy right?  Oh well.  Its me.  I'm totally scared of my weigh in on Monday.  The scale here at the house is on the fritz and shows a different weight everytime you go near it but I don't want to invest in another one because I hate the damn thing anyways.  I don't have a great relationship with it and I think I can actually live without it. With that being said, I must be crazy because I actually like knowing if I've lost a little bit and if I'm doing good.  Well, I guess I could try the "real" scale they have at the gym.  Hmmmm......  Wow, I've lost it.....  I'm arguing with myself on my own blog.  Guess that means it's time to get off here and go "treat" myself to Starbucks.  Yeah, I have the points. 

Have a GREAT evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment